top of page


Admission Requirements

There are a variety of requirements you may have to meet before you can apply for courses or training programmes. These requirements include the following:

Academic Requirements

The requirements vary between institutions and also depend on the level of English language course you intend to study. For example, for an entry level course, you need very little to no academic records at all.

Academic Requirements
  • Schools: the requirements vary between schools and depend on which state or territory you intend to study. Academic records such as, previous transcripts and English language test results will be required.

  • Vocational education and training: For most VET institutions, students do not have to sit an entrance exam to enrol to the course. However, some courses may require specific previous work experience or pre-requisite subjects to be taken.

  • University undergraduate: To be accepted into an undergraduate course, you need to have achieved a certain grade or score in your senior secondary qualification (equivalent to Australian Year 12). Acceptable qualification may include ATAR, USFP GPA, GCE A LEVEL 3 Subject, International Baccalaureate, India – CBSE, Canada – OSSD, Norway – Vitnemal, South Africa, SAT without Aps, ACT without Aps, Hong Kong – HKDSE, China – GaoKao and so on. However, some undergraduate courses may also have specific prerequisite subject requirement.

  • University postgraduate: admissions vary from program to program, but at a minimum, entry into a master’s degree at most Australian Universities requires the completion of the equivalent of an Australian bachelor’s degree or graduate diploma/graduate certificate from a recognised tertiary institution, with a minimum credit (65 per cent) average. Qualifications awarded outside Australia can also be used for admission, but equivalencies and entry requirements are determined based on the country, institution and qualification. For international students, it is advisable to contact the International Students Centre in your chosen universities for more information on how your degree average grade equates to average grade for Australian universities.

Visa Requirements

Issued an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate.

  • Meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement. Read more about this on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website

  • Sufficient funds for airfares, course fees and living costs.

  • English language proficiency.

  • Meet health and character requirements.

  • Acceptable Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).

Visa Requirements

English Language Requirements 

Under certain circumstances, you may need to provide results of an English language test. It is important for you to know that the English language skill level required by an institution can be different from the level of skill required for your student visa application. You should carefully check student visa information on both the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website and the institution website for any English language requirements.

English Language Requirements

Overseas Student Health Cover 

What is OSHC:

OSHC (Overseas Student Health Cover) is insurance to assist international students meet the costs of medical and hospital care that they may need while in Australia. OSHC will also pay limited benefits for pharmaceuticals and ambulance services. As an international student in Australia, you are required to have OSHC for the entire duration of your study in Australia.

Overseas Student Health Cover

Who has to take out OSHC?

People who must take out OSHC are overseas students undertaking formal studies in Australia and their dependents (spouses and children under 18 years old).

What does OSHC cover?

OSHC policies assist to cover the cost of hospital and medical treatment. This covers ambulance services and pharmaceuticals, but restrictions apply (limited to $50 per pharmaceutical item to a maximum of $300 a year for single membership). OSHC does not pay for general treatment such as dental, optical or physiotherapy. If you require cover for these treatments, you may take Extra OSHC provided by an OSHC provider or general treatment cover with any Australian private health insurer. You can also choose to supplement OSHC with other insurance such as international travel insurance.

bottom of page